NOTICE

This site comprises documentation of my contact and interaction with Virginia State Police Special Agent (Anthony) Tony Gattuso -- up until the agency he's employed by forbid him to see me. Posts are in chronological order; newest additions are on the last page.

Every Piece Of Information Helps

I have to admit the guy was entertaining, energizing. He’d certainly gotten my curiosity juices flowing. Now more than ever I wanted to find out who I was “talking” to. It’s not fair he knows who I am but he gets to be an enigma to me. Before I’d composed my last email to him, I’d, after a great deal of thought, finally concocted a method which might bring me that much closer to identifying him.

Like many other bloggers use on their sites, I have a web tracker installed on I HeArTE JADE that provides real-time data and detailed analysis of ‘net visitors. It’s not like it supplies the precise names, addresses, and phone numbers, of people -- wouldn’t that be handy? -- but it does show the distinct pages they view and gives their general city and state locations.

I’d already assumed my “Wordless Wednesday” entry was the one that incited him to write to me in the first place. Plus it was something I’d published many weeks ago, thus not likely to be a post that just any person would randomly cyber-land on at this point. So if I sent him a direct link to it via email, and he clicked on it… Voila! More info about him for me!

I kept an ultra-close eye on my stats page after I’d dropped the URL to him in Gmail. Sure enough, presumably oblivious to my plan, he followed it. Good boy! I was delighted.

I still may’ve not known who he was. But at least I knew where he was.

In disguised reference I even bragged about it to him.