NOTICE

This site comprises documentation of my contact and interaction with Virginia State Police Special Agent (Anthony) Tony Gattuso -- up until the agency he's employed by forbid him to see me. Posts are in chronological order; newest additions are on the last page.

And I Don't Even Know His Last Name

Wow.

Tony obviously had no trouble in the “first moves” department.

First he contacted me out of nowhere via email. Then he shot me a highly provocative story he’d written. Next he made a pitch for a real-life encounter. Now he’d proposed a phone conversation.

Not bad for an officer who up until very recently I never even knew existed. ‘Tis fortunate I like aggressive men.

Bonus that he’s incredibly good-looking.

I was only partially kidding with him about being reluctant to have an in-person meeting because of his being such a handsome gent; the truth was his physical appearance, for some reason, Linkgreatly intimidated me.

I kept going back to the photographs he’d sent of himself and, as I gazed at them, wondering why on earth someone who is so beautiful would want to get together with someone who is so… not.

He was correct though: it would be coffee, not a wedding.

I already knew we were capable of decent communication in writing; if it wound up just half as awesome as that in a call, well, maybe I could ignore how gorgeous he is.

A quick Google search on the number he’d given me produced zilch, other than area code information I was formerly familiar with due to Richmond acquaintances.

Not bothering to block my own number -- what’s one more policeman who has it? -- I dialed him up. “Wheezy girl like tones” my tush! His timbre perfectly matched his looks. Resonant masculinity poured from his throat into my ear. I could lock him in a box with air holes and listen to his voice and nothing more for years. “Vox” indeed.

We talked about this, that, and everything besides. It was amazing how easy the tête-à-tête flowed, as if we’d been chatting with each other our whole lives.

We spoke about the near-miss in Appomattox, his position as a Special Agent with the Virginia State Police -- he mentioned he’d bring along his badge if we met -- and briefly about the kind of work he does for them. As one of their tech gurus, he was right up my alley. Electronics, computers, wiretappings, audio and video recording analysis -- fascinating stuff!

The sexy cop remarked that what he believed had brought us together, the fun, the flirtiness, the kinship and compatibility we experienced, had to be described as “serendipity.”

I think I might’ve told him I was in love with him. Much like the way I am in love with Sean Connery.